The Kenya Water Institute (KEWI) e-learning portal is a game changer in the water sector. It offers students high-calibre training that prepares them for the job market. KEWI receives excellent support from the government of Kenya and other development partners to achieve excellence in training.
This article will explain step-by-step how to register and log in and list all the available courses at the institute. Let’s get started.
KEWI E-Learning Portal
The Kenya Water Institute e-learning portal allows you to register and log in as a student. Note that you can’t log in if you aren’t a student of KEWI. However, you can follow a simple procedure to register and, after that, login.
KEWI Portal Registration
To register for admission, be ready with the following items:
- Passport photo (current)
- KCSE result slip
- KCSE leaving certificate
- National ID card
- A birth certificate (if you don’t have an ID)
- Registration fee of Ksh 1,000
Follow the following procedure to apply for admission.
Section A: Personal Details
- Launch your browser.
- Proceed to the admission portal.
- Enter your name and attach a passport photo.
- Enter your postal details (together with the town and county).
- State your nationality.
- Enter your mobile number and email address.
- Enter your date of birth and gender (as it appears on your certificate of birth)
- Select your marital status.
- Enter your religion
- Enter your National ID number and attach the scanned ID copy
- Enter your KCSE and KCPE index numbers
- Enter your next of kin and the kind of relationship you have (e.g., brother, mother, spouse).
- Enter the next of kins postal address, where they reside, phone number, and email address
- Enter an emergency contact together with postal and contact details
- Click on “Next”
Section B: Course Application Details
- Enter the name of the course you want to undertake
- Select the study center
- Enter the intake year and month
- Click “Next”
Section C: Applicant Education Background
- List the school attended in order (start with the current one)
- Attach the academic certificates in pdf format
- Enter the subject scores on your KCSE result slip
- Upload your KCSE result slip
- Click “Next”
Section D: Applicant Fee Payment
You can pay through the bank or M-Pesa pay bill
The payment details are:
- Bank: KCB
- Branch: Moi Avenue
- Account number: 110-776-0585
- M-Pesa pay bill number : 4004040
- Account number: your ID number or birth certificate number
- Amount: Ksh 1,000
- Enter the deposit date
- Enter transaction number
- Enter the amount paid
- Attach the bank slip
- Click “Next”
Section E: Applicant Declaration
- Enter your full name
- Enter your ID number or birth certificate number
- Click next
Section F: Recommendation
- You don’t need to write anything here because its for official use only
- Just hit submit
- You will receive a notification that your admission has been received.
KEWI e-learning portal log-in
After you’re successful in the admission registration stage, you will receive an email or SMS with log-in credentials.
- Proceed to the eLearning log-in portal.
- Enter your username
- Enter the password
- Click on the log in
Kenya Water Institute Courses List 2023
There are several courses which you can undertake at the institution. Let’s take a look and find out which one best amazes you.
You can apply for the short courses online here
- Water safety planning
- Customer care
- Public relations
- Water quality management
- NRW monitoring and water utility mapping
- Basic plumbing certification
- Report writing
- Application of WOIS in water resource management
- Non-Revenue Water Management
- Metering and Installation of Water Supply Networks
- Leak Detection and Repair techniques
- Operation and Maintenance of Water Supply Networks
- Operation and Maintenance of Plumbing Stations
- Pump Selection, Installation, and Maintenance
- Pipe fitting
- Solar Water Heating
- Instrumentation for Wastewater Systems
- Use of GIS for Water Resources Management and Earth Observation Tools
- Water Governance, Management, and Technology
- Drilling Course
- Water Quality Sampling and Testing
- Microbiological Water Quality Assessment
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Financial Management for Water Managers
Feel free to contact the Kenya water institute through the following contacts
PO BOX 60013 – 00200, Nairobi Kenya
ICT support: ICTsupport@kewi.or.ke
Admissions : 0735 339 206
Office: 0722 207757
Last Updated on January 16, 2023 by Chido Kache