The inter-institutional transfer service is now active. Interested students can follow the given steps to complete the KUCCPS Inter-university transfer application online.
Kenya Universities Colleges Central Placement Services (KUCCPS) has allocated 2022/2023 candidates to various universities and courses of their choice. You can now confirm where you’ve been selected in the student portal. However, if you aren’t satisfied with the results, we got your back since you still have a chance to review the placement and choose what you are comfortable with.
The application is open for one month and it is only eligible to only the candidates who secured a place on the first selection in various universities and colleges. Before application, all the applications should be submitted online.
ALSO READ – KUCCPS Registration
This article will show you how to log in to your KUCCPS portal and apply for a transfer. You should be aware that a transfer is not always guaranteed.
Eligibility for KUCCPS Inter-Institutional Transfer
- You must be a government-sponsored student.
- The transfer is only allowed if the chance is open.
- Confirm you meet the course requirements for the university of your choice.
- Approval from the institute you want to join is mandatory.
- Ksh 1000 processing fee should be paid to KUCCPS M-Pesa Pay Bill no 820201. This amount cannot be refunded and is only paid if you meet all requirements (a code and procedure before payment will be followed).
After carefully reading the guidelines, you can now proceed to the next step.
How to Apply online KUCCPS Inter-University Transfer 2022-23
Step 1: Visit the KUCCPS website
- Scroll down on the left panel, select the student account portal click login on the top right side of the screen.
- Awesome, you are required to enter your KCSE index number, and the year you sat for your examinations as username.
- For the Password option, enter your KCPE index number or your birth certificate number, and click log in.
Step 2: Course Transfer
- Click the Transfer tab in the main menu (it’s where the transfer applications are made).
- If you are not eligible, you will get a prompt (warning that you are not eligible)
- Choose the program you should transfer to, enter the program code in the box marked “Transfer Programme,” and click “enter.”
- The verifications are done, and you’re allowed to continue if only you meet all the KUCCPS requirements as per the instructions given.
Step 3: Reason for transfer
- Click on the downward arrow on the right side and choose the reason for transfer.
- The major reasons are:
- After selection, you have to give more information about your transfer to KUCCPS and why you should be considered.
- Ensure that your information is relevant and it is not less than 320 words. Again, ensure that you attach some of your relevant documents to support the reason for your transfer. Give the information in the box indicated.
Step 4: Transfer payment
- Follow the prompts to complete the payments to KUCCPS.
- Once done, you will have access to the link.
- Fill out all the required fields on the form you’re provided.
- After completing the task, you will need to download the inter-university transfer form and print it.
Step 5: Endorsement (both institutions)
- Present your filled inter-transfer form to both of the institutions that are the ones you ought to join and the ones you want to leave.
- Both forms have to be signed and stamped by officials from both institutions. The Vice-Chancellors and dean of the school from both universities.
Step 6: Review by KUCCPS
After being approved, you should take the forms to the placement services.
If it’s unfortunately rejected, return the filled form to the placement services to allow you to apply for transfer to another available institution.
Step 7: Transfer letter
Lastly, once you succeed and secure a place of your choice, you should present the letter to the institution you chose during admission or reporting day.
|KUCCPS Website||Login Now|
|KUCCPS App||Download Now|
|KUCCPS Latest News||Check Here|
How to Apply for inter-institutional transfer?
You can either use the KUCCPS student portal and login into the official mobile app for inter-university transfer.
How to know if i am eligible or not?
You will be notified about this when you login into your account.
What are the chances of successful transfer?
This depends on the reason for the transfer. If it is valid and is acceptable, the department will process your application. If otherwise, you application may be rejected.
What is the fee for inter-institutional transfer?
You need to pay KES 1000.
Whom to contact for queries
For any inquiries, kindly contact Placement Services through 020 513 7400, 0723954927,0734 879 662. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In summary, you are advised to check on your application transfer through your student portal after application. Once again, your reasons for transfer should be solid. If not, KUCCPS will not approve the transfer letter. All the best of luck!
Last Updated on June 30, 2022 by Chido Kache