The NEMIS registration allows you to create an account and register pupils’ data online. NEMIS simply automates the management of data by the education department. Furthermore, it has reduced the tedious traditional paperwork.
If you’re wondering how to go about the NEMIS registration process, don’t fret. This article will take you through the 2022 NEMIS registration process, pupils sign up, and log in. Let’s dive in.
NEMIS pupil registration is not quite that complicated, although it needs high-level clearance. Before we can dive into the registration process, there are a couple of things and documents you need to have.
Items needed to access the NEMIS portal
- A computer (preferably running on Windows 7 or 10 for stability).
- Stable internet connection (at least 3G with a minimum speed of 2 Mbps)
- A digital camera for taking pupils’ passport photos
- Pupils’ birth certificates
- National ID cards (if you’re registering staff)
Besides having the above items/documents, you’ll have to be from the following organizations.
- Ministry of Education.
- KICD (Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development)
- KNEC (Kenya National Examination Council)
- KEMI (Kenya Education Management Institute)
- TSC (Teachers Service Commission)
- CEMASTEA (Centre for Mathematics, Science and Technology Education in Africa)
- ICTA (Information and Communication Technology Authority)
Let’s look at the registration process.
- Launch your browser.
- Proceed to the NEMIS website
- On the left side of the portal, click on “Register (if new)” link.
- Select your organization
- Enter a unique username (you can use your email address)
- Enter your username and other names
- Select your gender and enter your ID number
- Select your title held at the organization selected
- Next, enter your position’s responsibilities
- On the section part, select your department and category
- Enter your email address (the one used as username) and mobile number
- Enter your password and retype it
- Click on “Save”
- Once you receive an SMS confirming your registration, you’ll have to wait for your supervisor to activate the account.
Note: Teachers and school heads can’t register on the portal.
nemis.education.co.ke log in
Once your account is activated, follow the procedure below to access the NEMIS account.
- visit nemis.education.co.ke to log in
- Enter your username (which is basically your email address) and password
- Click “Log in”
The portal will open, and you will have administrator privileges to enter data in the various modules. The NEMIS modules allow you to enter and edit data in different categories. Let’s take a look.
The NEMIS modules are divided into four categories. They are:
1. Institutions Module
This module allows you to:
- Report emergencies
- Register your institution
- List your school’s infrastructure.
- Co-curricular activities undertaken at the school.
- The learning and teaching material available
2. Learners Module
- The learner module covers the following details:
- Learners’ UPI (Unique Personal Identification) number, which is used to identify the pupil
- Pupils performance details
- Change of school details (in the case of a pupil transferring to another school, you’re supposed to record them)
- Pupil’s talent
- Learner registration
To register the learners, you’ll need the following data from them:
- pupil name (as it appears on the birth certificate)
- Date of birth
- The students’ or pupils’ nationality
- home county and sub-county of the pupil
- Pupils gender
- Any special needs
- Parent names and contacts
- Parents’ or guardian’s identification numbers and official phone numbers
3. Staff Module
- The staff modules comprise the teachers employed by TSC. Ensure you enter the following details:
- Teachers’ roles and responsibilities assigned by the school
- Transfer of teachers
- The specialized subjects taught by each teacher in the school
- Study areas (the institutions where the teachers received their education)
4. Finance Module
- The finance module entails the books of account for the entire school. The ledgers and balance sheets. The data entered in this module include:
- Total income of the school (school fees payment, caution money, etc.)
- Fee structures
- Expenditure returns (this shows what the institution has done with the allocated development fund)
- Development funds (these are the government-funded projects, e.g., food programme, construction of classes or subsidiaries)
List of NEMIS Users.
You should note that NEMIS isn’t accessible to everyone. The following target groups are, however, allowed to create accounts at NEMIS and log in. They are:
- Ministry of Education
- Ministries, Departments, and agencies
- ICT professionals
- Development Partners
- Kenya Primary School Heads Association
- Kenya Secondary School Heads Association
- National Secondary School Association
- Kenya Private School Association
If you fit in the above categories, you can easily register an account and get approved.
If you encounter any issues or delays on the NEMIS portal, feel free to write them an email, call them or visit their offices (email and calls would be better). Use the contacts below to communicate with them