Apart from academic qualification certificates, job seekers in Kenya need clearance form from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC). The process to avail of EACC Clearance is not online, so the interested person needs to download the application form, fill it and submit it to the concerned office.
This article answers the common question: How to obtain an EACC Self Clearance Certificate? Let’s get started right away.
A certificate of clearance from the EACC is one of the five clearances enumerated in Chapter 6 of the Kenyan constitution.
The remaining four certificates are:
- KRA Compliance Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- HELB Compliance Certificate,
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Clearance Certificate.
Submitting the clearances for National & County Government employment applications is mandatory.
All the other types of clearances can be obtained online. However, getting the EACC clearance, the process is different. Applicants need to submit the form in person.
Apart from the required documents (mentioned below), a Commissioner for Oaths (Lawyer/Advocate) or Magistrate is also required for EACC clearance.
What are the requirements for getting EACC Clearance Certificate
Before I explain the application process, let’s first understand the needs.
1. National Identity Card (ID) OR Passport
2. High School Certificate
3. University Degree (if applicable)
4. KRA PIN Certificate
5. Lawyer or advocate
EACC Self Clearance Application Form PDF
As mentioned earlier, applicants can’t apply for an EACC certificate online. They need to download the application form (as a pdf file) or collect one from the nearest office.
The EACC self-clearance form is a 6-page document you can download using the link. Once you have downloaded it, follow the given steps:
How to Apply for EACC Clearance Certificate in 2023
- Fill in the self-declaration form in duplicate (two copies)
- Attach a copy of your identity card or passport.
Fill in the details asked. They are:
1. General Information
2. Birth Information
4. Marital Status
5. Educational Qualifications
7. Membership of a Professional Organisation (If Any)
8. Reasons for Declaration
9. Moral and Ethical questions
10. Employment information
11. Oath and Affirmation
- Once you fill in the details and complete the application, the application form has to be signed by the applicant and the signature to be witnessed by Commissioner for Oaths or Magistrate.
- This application form shall be submitted in person or dropped on behalf of the applicant at the EACC Head Office at Integrity Centre, Nairobi or any EACC Regional Office in Nyeri, Eldoret, Mombasa, Garissa, and Kisumu.
Note: The self-declaration forms can be submitted at the Nearest Huduma Centers.
- Once you submit it, the details are verified. Then, the copy of the application is stamped for acknowledgement, which the applicant retails.
- Kindly understand that no certificate is issued to the applicant. The commission submits a confidential report to the employing agency.
Special Note :
EACC Regional Offices Address & Contacts
The EACC Head Office is at Integrity Centre, Nairobi. The details of regional offices are as follows:
|Nairobi||0727 285663; 0733 520641|
|Mombasa||0710 768706 OR 041 2319081 / 2|
|Kisumu||0715 408512 OR 057 2023111|
|Garissa||0729 480404; 0737 994444|
|Nyeri||0703 204580; 0789 665500|
|Eldoret||0703 602727; 0789 776600|
Why is EACC clearance required?
Like other clearances like Good conduct, EACC clearance ensures that the applicant has never indulged in corruption or unethical activities.
Where is this clearance required?
While applying for county-level or national-level jobs, applicants are asked to apply for EACC clearance. Many private firms are also asking for one these days.
How to Download EACC Clearance Form?
It can be downloaded as a pdf from the official website or the link. You can also visit the nearest office and collect it from there.
What is the fee for Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission in Kenya?
EACC does not charge any fees for processing self-declaration forms
|Self Declaration Form PDF||Download Now|
|Tana River County Jobs||Nyamira County Jobs|
|Nakuru County Jobs||Uasin Gishu County Jobs|
|Nairobi City Council County Jobs||Machakos County Jobs|