You can check your KPLC bill on the phone. But how is that possible? The Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC) is determined to deliver its services to electricity consumers fast and efficiently.
Although KPLC is the sole monopoly supplier of electricity in Kenya, it doesn’t relax on the job. With the advancement of technology, Kenya Power also advances its service delivery to consumers.
An excellent example of technological advancement by KPLC is the introduction of prepaid meter tokens. They are efficient and practical. To take it a notch higher, Kenya Power has introduced several ways you can quickly check your bill.
How to Check KPLC Bill On Phone
If you don’t have immediate access to your computer and you need to check your electricity bill, your phone is your companion. There are multiple ways to check KPLC electricity bill on your mobile phone. This article guides you with all the possible methods.
Let’s jump in and look at some of the ways you can check your bill promptly.
Check Bill on Phone using KPLC self-service portal
Before attempting this method, make sure you have the following:
- Stable internet connection
- Your Kenya Power account number.
Once you have the necessary tools, proceed to the primary procedure.
- Visit the KPLC self-service portal
- Log in (Use Kenya Power credentials used to sign up)
- Click on the Billing tab.
- Enter the specific KPLC account number
- Click on “Search.”
- You will receive your bill instantly.
This method is fast and efficient because your KPLC bill is displayed once you query. (It’s one of the best methods, I highly recommend it)
Run USSD Code to View Kenya Power Bill on Mobile
To use the USSD code to get your KPLC bill, make sure your SIM card has airtime.
- Open your dial app
- Dial *977#
- Select postpaid services (bill)
- Select “My Bill.”
- Enter your KPLC account number.
- An SMS will be sent to your phone with your electricity bill.
KPLC mobile app to Check Electricity Bill on Mobile Phone
If you don’t have the KPLC app, download it here.
- Launch the app
- Log in with your credentials.
- Click on my bill.
- Enter your KPLC account number.
- Your pending bill will be displayed.
The Kenya Power app may be in its initial stages of bug testing, but it’s still working and queries most of the services.
Demand KPLC Bill on Phone – Send an Email
The email address does not respond immediately, unlike the other options. Follow the process below to get your KPLC bill sent to your email.
- Open your email app.
- Compose a message.
- Enter KPLC’s email address, which is firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the subject line, enter the Kenya Power Account number.
- Send the email.
- Wait for a response (usually 24 hours).
If you don’t receive your KPLC bill within the stipulated time, engage the entity on their social media platform through direct messages. (Don’t post your information publicly)
Send a Short Message From Phone for KPLC Bill
Always make sure your phone has enough airtime for the operation to go through successfully. Failure to load enough airtime and you won’t receive your electricity bill.
- Launch your messaging app.
- Compose a message
- Enter the KPLC account number (it’s usually the first section of your account number).
- Send the SMS to 95551.
- Your KPLC bill will be shared shortly.
Now you can comfortably query your KPLC bill from anywhere. Surprisingly, this service wasn’t available a few years ago. You would line up the whole day at KPLC offices just to get your electricity bill. Isn’t technology amazing?