Thanks to the Nairobi e-services portal, now you can easily pay the Parking fees via online mode. Yes, no need to look for city council agents anymore.
This article is dedicated to explain how to utilize NRS portal and other modes to pay the Parking in Nairobi.
As you know, there are three types of Parking facilities available i.e. Daily Parking, Seasonal Parking & Reserved parking.
No matter which kind of Parking facility you are availing, the payment can be made online using one of various methods available. Kindly note that if you are planning to do this on Nairobi country e services government portal, you need to create an account on that website itself.
Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS) is a citizen-focused public service that was established on March 9, 2020, as a result of an agreement that transferred four core functions from the Nairobi City County Government to the National Government.
Although a dedicated website namely Nairobi e services (NRS) is developed, the responsible authority behind the system is NMS only which is further regulated by KRA.
List of City Council Parking Zones in Nairobi
Before we proceed with the online payment process, take a look at the list of parking zones in Nairobi.
|New Pumwani Road
How to Pay for Parking in Nairobi
As i already discussed in the begining, there are more than one ways to pay the parking fees. It’s time to discuss all the methods to do so.
If you park your vehicle in any of the Parking Zones stated above, you need to pay parking amount to the City Council.
Earlier, the process of making the payment was not streamlined. People had to do it manually which was very time consuming.
At this time, you can make the payment either online from the NRS Nairobi portal pr even using the USSD code on your mobile phone. Let’s discuss both of these methods:
Online Payment on NRS Portal with M-pesa
The process is quite simple:
- Head to the official website of Nairobi e-services or NRS
- Once there, go to the “Parking” section
- Now, Choose the Parking type i.e. Daily, Seasonal or Reserved Parking
- Provide your Vehicle number
- Select your Parking Zone
- Then, click on “Next”
- Now, you need to provide your mobile
- A payment request will now be visible. Enter your mpesa pin to make the payment.
- On the next page, you can pay for the parking online.
Pay for City Council Parking on Phone using USSD
You can also try this USSD method for paying parking fees:
- Dial *647# on your mobile
- Choose “Parking Services”
- Select the Parking type and Choose the parking Zone
- Provide your Vehicle Number
- You shall see the payment request now
- Enter your M-pesa pin and complete the transaction
After successful payment you will receive a confirmation message.
How to Pay Parking Penalties
If you haven’t paid for the parking on time, penalty will be imposed. In order to avoid the such penalties, all residents of Nairobi must pay on time in order to utilise the county’s services.
If you have been issued a penalty, you can pay it online.
- Simply go to the Nairobi e-services portal
- Login into your Account
- Provide your vehicle number and select the Parking Zone
- The penalty amount will appear on the screen
- Clear the payment by providing M-pesa pin
The payment of parking penalty in Nairobi can also be done by dialing USSD Code *647#
Nairobi Parking Contacts
If you need any of your questions answered, you may contact the customer care number or even write an email. Here are the various contact methods:
|Customer Care Number
|+254 0709 01 4747
|Parking Payment Page
|Sign up on Nairobi e-services Portal
|Understand the process
What is the most convenient method for paying Parking fees in Nairobi?
What to do if the vehicle is clamped?
How do i know the penalty amount?