Citizens of Kenya can access online services related to Marriage online. These services are available on the office of the attorney general portal.
This article gives you every minute detail related to Office of the attorney general Online marriage services.
Online Marriage Application Portal Kenya
Before you could avail the online services, you need to login into your account. Kindly follow the given steps to login into your oag ecitizen account.
- Go to https://oag.ecitizen.go.ke/
- Click on “Login”
- Now you will be redirected to the ecitizen page.
- Enter your ecitizen account login and password.
- Now, you need to click on “Continue” to proceed.
- Now, you will be redirected to oag.ecitizen dashboard
How to Register Marriage in Kenya
As stated before the OAG portal offers various online services in Kenya. These are:
- Registration of Marriage
- Licensing of Ministers of Faith
- Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
- Application for a certified copy
- Issuance of Marriage Books
Let’s understand these one by one.
Registration of Marriage Kenya – Online Application
- Login into oag.ecitizen.go.ke
- Click on “Registration of Marriage”
- In the first step, select the “System of Marriage.”
- Choose from Civil, Christian, Hindu & Customary
- After selection, click on “Next.”
- Now, in the Registration instruction, choose the type of registration.
- Now, you will be asked to attach the relevant documents.
- The required documents vary depending on the “System of Marriage.”
- The standard documents required are: ID Card, Birth Certificate, Passport size photo, Affidavit, Marriage book serial number, and Wedding invitation card.
- Click on “Next” to proceed.
- Select the County of Marriage, Venue, Proposed Date of Marriage, and Serial Number of the marriage book.
- Similarly, complete all the steps to complete the registration process.
Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
What is a certificate of No impediment to marriage?
This certificate from the Office of the Registrar of Marriages says a Kenyan citizen does not have a marriage record and is, therefore, free to get married outside of Kenya. A request for this certificate must be posted for 10 days at the nearest Registrar’s office, based on where the applicant last lived.
To avail of this certificate, applicants must fill in an online application. The application can be submitted on the oag.ecitizen.go.ke portal.
The certificate’s validity of no impediment to marriage is for 6 months.
The applicant will be told to pay a fee of Kshs. 10,050/= on the eCitizen platform once the application is approved.
- Applicant’s certified copy of passport
- Applicant’s recent colour passport-size photograph
- Applicant’s certified copy of Birth Certificate
- Fiancée’s certified passport copy
- Death Certificate (if widow or widower)
- Divorce Decree Absolute (If the Applicant had been married before and divorced)
- Affidavit if the Death Certificate or Divorce Decree is more than two (2) years
Application For Certified Copy
This is a certificate that the Registrar gives to prove that a marriage certificate is registered under Civil, Christian, Hindu, or Customary Marriage. It is proof of the marriage record.
To request a certified copy, follow these steps:
- Go to oag.ecitizen.go.ke portal and log in.
- Click on the “Application for certified copy” link.
Provide these details:
- System of marriage
- Names of the parties to the marriage
- Date of the marriage
- Place of marriage
- Make online payment
- A certified copy will be issued to you.
Issuance of Marriage Books
A marriage book is a set of fifty certificates given to marriage officers by the Registrar of Marriages so that they can perform marriages.
Within fourteen (14) days of the wedding, a minister of faith must send the marriage certificate to the Registrar of Marriage to be registered.
Churches, temples, and mosques can get marriage books for a fixed fee.
- Letter of recommendation from the organization on a letterhead signed by the authorized official
- Copy of the registration certificate of the religious institution
- Copy of National Identity Card or Passport of the Marriage Officer
- Copy of license of the Minister of Faith
- Colored passport size photo of the Marriage Officer.
Kindly note that after the approval og your application, you will be asked to make payment of Kshs 25,000.
Marriage Services Customer Care Kenya
|Phone Number||0732529995, 0202227461|
When was the online marriage services started in Kenya?
The announcement was made on 10th March.
Which department is responsible for online services?
Office of the Attorney journal.
Which services are available?
Registration of Marriage,Licensing of Ministers of Faith,Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage,Application for a certified copy,Issuance of Marriage Books
Last Updated on March 14, 2023 by Okello
Join Us on Telegram
Join Us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google News