Once your driving license expires, you must renew it immediately. Driving with an expired driving license is an offense. Anybody found with an expired driving license needs to pay a fine of Ksh 1000. In this article, let’s find out the process to renew driving license online in Kenya. Kindly read the complete article to understand the requirements and finally follow the eCitizen NTSA driving license renewal application.
How to Renew Driving License in Kenya
Thanks to the online system, now anybody can fill in the online application for license renewal in Kenya. ecitizen has integrated NTSA online application & renewal system.
If your driving license has already expired or is about to expire, renewing it should be your first preference. Before understanding these steps to fill in the online renewal application, let’s understand other related information.
Documents/Information Required for License Renewal
- Expired Driving License Number
- Passport Size Photo
- E Citizen Account Credentials
If you don’t have an account on Ecitizen portal, make sure to Register
DL Renewal Kenya Online Application Process
There is no need to visit NTSA offices for renewal of your driving license in Kenya. All you need to do is, fill in the online application, pay the fee online and submit your application.
After successful application submission, the digital DL copy will be available to download. You can save it as pdf. When your physical renewed DL is ready, you shall receive an SMS and you can collect it.
- You can renew the old Driving License ( for one year) via eCitizen portal which costs Ksh. 650.
- The renewal of the three-year Smart driving licence costs Ksh3050
How to Renew Driving License on NTSA E Citizen Portal
- Login into your e-citizen Portal
- Once logged in, on your dashboard, click on “Get Service” option on the National Transport and Safety Authority (New) section.
- Now, you are asked to enter the OTP sent to your registered number.
After successful login, your license status will be displayed. If it is expired, you will see “Expired” in red color.
- Below that option, you will find the “Renew” option.
- Click on it
- Now, the online renewal application page opens up
- Most of the details will be automatically filled.
- Enter the details which are not filled in and click on “Next”
- Now, upload your passport photo and Click on Next
- You are then asked to make the online payment
- After successful payment, your application will be submitted
- You can then download your digital renewed driving license.
How to Download Renewed Digital Driving License DL in Kenya?
- After your application is processed, you shall see the option to Download your electronic driving license. Click on “Download”
- Your Digital DL will now be downloaded as pdf file
- You can verify the new expiry date.