The Entry/Exit returns, also known as Casualty, are the only need to indicate when a teacher enters or exits his/her working station. Heads of Institutions will be expected to submit online casualty reports in October, following the TSC’s abolition of the paper-based form.
Before the Entry / Exit process can be commenced, Newly Employed teachers must have received their posting letters. Once received online, Human Resource Management (HRM) headquarters will only process these returns.
TSC Casualty Returns Portal
These are returns filled and filed by the principals, administrators, or authorised officers entrusted with the task by the Commission for processing at the Head Office and proper communications on matters such as interdiction, injunction, suspension, etc. (The Head of Institution can only view Exit/Entry Returns after logging in.)
To gain access to the portal, visit https://www.tsc.go.ke. Under the online service menu, select the Tab for Teacher Posting and Entry/Exit.
- This opens a new page
- Click on “Submit Exit/Entry” – Inst Head
- After you login, you see this
Teachers on Entry
Corresponding to the Teacher’s profile, Go to the “Actions” section
Then, click on “Entry”
- Now, you are asked for an entry reason.
- Enter the details and click on “Submit Request”
Teachers on Exit
- Now, corresponding to the teacher’s profile, Go to “Actions” and click on “Exit”
- Select the date of departure from the calendar, confirm the exit by selecting yes from the drop-down menu, and click the save button.
How to Exit Teachers on Duty in an Institution
Teachers can leave the institution permanently for various reasons, including retirement and death.
- To leave an instructor, select Exit Teacher from the option labelled Actions.
- Note that teachers on temporary leave are not removed from the institution’s list of teachers but are marked as on leave.
- After finishing, log out of the system.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the far right; a list will display; select “sign out” from the list.