Choosing or changing your preferred NHIF medical facility is one of the most underrated features of the NHIF cover. Although you can access any NHIF-accredited hospital throughout the country, having one preferred hospital is always good.
It doesn’t matter whether you will visit a private or public health facility. NHIF will cover you. Using the online registration system, you can sign up easily. This article will illustrate how simple it is to choose or change an outpatient facility. Let’s roll.
NHIF will cover the following:
- Inpatient service covers
- Out-patient service covers
- Civil Servants’ schemes cover
- Linda Mama service cover
- NHIF Supa Cover
Choose NHIF Outpatient Hospital Online
Before we get started, make sure you have the following:
- A computer or a laptop
- Your phone number, which was used to register the NHIF cover
- Stable internet (if it’s weak, it won’t work efficiently)
Here are the steps :
- Open your browser.
- Proceed to the NHIF portal
- Click on “Select Hospital.”
- The NHIF “Self Care portal.” Will open after the redirection
- Enter your ID number.
- Click on “Continue.”
- An OTP will be sent to the number you registered with on the NHIF portal.
- Enter the Pin (and verify)
- You will then access the portal.
- You will view your Data summary.
- You can also view your penalties and when you last made payments to NHIF.
- Choose your preferred medical facility. Click on “Choose Outpatient Facility”
- Select your county
- Select your preferred facility (facility level and category will appear automatically)
- Then click on “Choose Facility.”
- You will get a prompt to confirm
- Click “Choose Facility”
- You will receive an SMS from NHIF indicating the facility chosen.
DO READ – How to Add NHIF Dependents Online
How To Change NHIF Outpatient Hospital Via Phone
To choose or change your NHIF outpatient hospital, follow the following steps.
- Dial *155#
- Select your preferred language
- Select national health scheme
- Enter your ID number
- Enter the NHIF OTP sent to your phone
- Select an option (Choose or Change facility)
- For this instance, we will choose 3 to change out-patient facility.
- Your current NHIF facility will be displayed.
- Enter “1”
- Select browse county (you can still search if it’s easier for you)
- Select 98 until you get your preferred county
- Enter the number of the county (e.g., 47).
- Enter the facility name you would like.
- The facility will be displayed. Enter 1
- Confirm by pressing one again
- You will receive an SMS that your outpatient facility has been changed.
Now that you have changed the out-patient facilities, make sure you pay for the NHIF services by following the steps below:
- Launch M-PESA
- Go to “pay bill.”
- Enter the business number (200222 for NHIF)
- Enter your account number (your ID number)
- Enter amount (monthly is Ksh 500 for self-employed people)
- Enter M-PESA pin
- You will receive an SMS confirming your NHIF payments.
Up to here, I know you have experienced and witnessed how easy it is to change an NHIF outpatient facility. It is our pleasure to see you gain new knowledge, and now our request is simple. Put the knowledge to use right away.
DO READ: How to Check NHIF Status
Let us know if you have any questions regarding the NHIF outpatient facility. Let’s talk. Sharing is indeed caring. Share the article with your friends and family, so they don’t miss the golden opportunity.