Boma yangu affordable housing has witnessed positive and negative criticism from the general population. The affordable housing program targets the lower and middle classes. It aims to reduce the demand-supply of housing in the country.
Bonga Yangu Affordable Housing
Boma yangu is a solution that supports the affordable housing program. With private developers pricing their houses on the high-end, here’s a chance to get an affordable unit in a prime location.
How to Apply
Here is how you register and apply for affordable housing.
Before you begin the process, ensure you have the following:
- A National ID
- Above 18 years old
- A Kenyan citizen
- Your eCitizen log-in credentials
Head over to the portal and click “register”
- Select the account type to continue
- You will be redirected to your eCitizen account to log in
- Enter your ID number/email address
- Enter your password
- Click sign in
If you do not have an eCitizen account, proceed to create one by signing up.
After you’ve logged in using your eCitizen account, you will be redirected to the Boma Yangu platform to fill out a form
- Choose your source of income from the drop-down menu (employed or self-employment)
- Select your monthly income
- Select your current rent amount
- Select the county where you currently live
- Choose the county where you prefer to live
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click next
You will be prompted to make your first saving. You can skip the step and pay later.
Your account has been created and now you will be redirected to your dashboard
After you have created the account, you’ll be issued with a member`s ID number that starts with BOMA followed by the number (e.g. BOMA1234, it’s almost always your ID number)
You will need Ksh 200 to activate your account
To save, proceed to click top up.
You will be redirected to the payment options that include M-Pesa, banks, Debit/credit cards, RTGS, and Jambo pay.
- Select your preferred payment method
- Enter the business number which is 222222
- Enter the account number which is provided on the portal.
- Enter amount (200)
- For M-Pesa users, you can click to receive a prompt and enter your pin
You can track your deposits by clicking on the deposits tab on the left side of the panel.
You can save any amount at any time. If you feel you need a refund, you can request through the portal
The allocation process begins when the projects are completed. You will be promptly notified if you’re a registered member.
Please note that you will only be allocated a unit if you have met the minimum deposit required.
If you don’t get a unit on the first instance, you will be put on priority on the next project, just ensure that you keep saving.
The allocation process for the Boma Yangu affordable housing will be fair and transparent. You can only benefit once from the scheme. After getting your unit, you won’t be eligible for another unit.
Groups Targeted By Boma Yangu Affordable Housing
The affordable housing project has broken down the groups they target. Please NOTE that you can’t cheat the system as everything will be accessed via your eCitizen account.
- Home applicants – This is for Kenyan citizens who are looking to own their own houses
- Home applicants diaspora – This is for Kenyans living abroad with a valid passport. It doesn’t apply if you are in Kenya with a valid passport.
- Organized groups – this is for employers and groups such as unions, SACCOs, Chamas, cooperative societies, and religious organizations.
- Property developers – This is for the licensed developers who operate in Kenya.
- Micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) – This is for small and medium businesses such as grocery shops, professional services, etc. that operate in Kenya
- Artisans – This is for artisans/tradespeople who operate in Kenya.
- Financial institutions – This is where banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and brokerage companies fall. You have to be operating in Kenya to register for Boma Yangu affordable housing.
After you have registered, you can view all the available projects to choose from.
If you select a particular unit, you’ll be able to see the minimum deposit required (10% of house value)
Some of the featured projects include:
- Kings Sapphire in Bondeni, Nakuru
- Starehe Point 1 in Starehe, Nairobi
- Mabera Housing in Mabera, Migori
- Machakos Housing in Machakos
- Gichugu Housing in Kirinyaga
- Pangani Housing in Nairobi
- Wajir Housing in Skanska, Wajir
- Isiolo Township Housing in Isiolo
- Moke Housing in Athi River, Machakos
- Chepalungu Housing in Bomet
- Kings Boma Estate in Ruiru, Kiambu
- Lurambi Housing in Kakamega
Contact Boma Yangu
If you have any inquiries, please drop an email at [email protected] or visit them physically at Huduma Centres countrywide.