The Open University of Kenya (OUK) is an unique university that allows people who missed out on early opportunities or faced obstacles to go to university. The flexible modular program allows students to work at their own pace. Unique teaching methods allow students to learn at their own pace and place at the university. Undergraduate entrance requires a portfolio of prior learning and a KCSE certificate or equivalent. The university offers several bachelor’s degrees, including Data Science, Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics, Technology Education, Business and Entrepreneurship, and Economics and Statistics. This article discusses the Open University of Kenya’s unique admissions, flexible learning, and student opportunities.
By the end of this article you will have detailed information on School, Courses, Fee, Entry Requirements, How to Apply online etc.
Open University of Kenya, OUK
The Kenya Universities and College Central Placement service (KUCCPS) has opened opportunities for students at newly established Open University of Kenya (OUK).
The open university of Kenya has following schools:
- Economics & Business School.
- Science & Technology School.
- Education School.
- Agriculture School.
|Economics & Business
|Science & Technology
|Bachelor of Business and Entrepreneurship
|Bachelor of Data Science
|Bachelor of Technology Education
|Bachelor of Agri-Technology and Food System
|Bachelor of Economics and Statistics
|Bachelor of Science in CyberSecurity and Digital Forensics
|Postgraduate Diploma in Learning Design and Technology
|Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership and Accountability
The degree and postgraduate diploma programmes consist of 12 and 14 course units per academic year
- The duration of Post graduate courses is 1 year while for Bachelor courses it is 4 years.
- The duration depends on the course you are taking. For example, The Bachelor of Data Science, BDS Course is a 4 years course.
OUK, Open University Kenya Fee Details
- Apart from one undergrad course – Bachelor of Technology education, which costs KSh 1,15,000, all other Undergraduate courses cost KSh 1,05,000 Per year.
- The fee for Postgraduate Diploma programs is KSh 1,10,000.
- For Individual course units, students need to pay KSh 10,000 each.
Open University Kenya Entry Requirements
For Undergrad Courses
A mean grade of C+ and above at KCSE where applicable or its equivalent using criteria that the university senate may determine
Diplomas or professional qualifications from recognized institutions
KCSE certificate or equivalent and a certificate of foundation or bridging courses from recognized institutions
Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education with a minimum of 1 principal and subsidiary passes.
A bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by the Senate.
Evidence of KCSE certificate or equivalent and a portfolio for the purpose of recognition of prior learning determination with respect to:
- Workplace training of 2 years
- Work experience in a relevant field of 2 years OR
- Two short courses lasting at least 3 months each in relevant fields
- Any other qualifications that may be determined by the senate recognizing prior learning leading to equivalents of the identified criteria, experience and skills of learners.
Open University of Kenya Admission 2023 – How to Register Online
The applications for admission started from 28th August 2023 onwards. Interested and eligible students can enroll online through the KUCCPS portal.
- Visit the KUCCPS Online Application portal
- Go to “Our Programmes” Section.
- You will have the list of the programmes.
- Click on the Programme name to get details like Minimum Entry Requirements, Minimum Subject Requirements, Institutions etc.
- To Apply online, you need to Click on the “Login” and complete the KUCCPS login process.
- After successful login, you can fill in the Open University of Kenya Admission entry application form
- After the successful completion, you shall get email with further instructions.
If you have any doubts regarding KUCCPS account login process, Kindly refer to this article !
For any other query write an email to email@example.com or use the Helplines – 020 2000211 / 020 2000212.
|Online Application Portal
|Open University of Kenya on Social Media
|Twitter || Facebook || Instagram