The Uoem learning portal allows students to access hybrid learning by combining traditional learning and digital learning. The University of Embu embraced the learning mode to offer flexibility to students in the ever-changing digital world.
Additionally, the university offers free internet access to its students. Courses offered at the university range from certificates, Diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, masters, and PhD.
According to Prof. Speranza Ndege, the director of open, distance, and e-learning, the university E-learning platform is secure. The LMS (Learning Management System) is popular among institutions across the globe.
To access the E-learning platform, follow the following laid-out steps.
Before accessing the Uoem learning portal, you need to meet certain criteria. Some of the requirements include:
- Stable internet connection
- A working laptop, desktop, or smartphone
- Computer literacy skills in LMS (Learning Management System). The skills help navigate through the assignments, quizzes, uploading documents, chatting with your tutors, and downloading documents.
- Email address from the school. Please NOTE that the regular emails won’t work when registering on the portal. The university will issue you with a secure email from their end.
You will have to pay a certain amount of money if you want to apply for a course. The application forms can be downloaded on the university website or obtained from the admin office.
The application fees for east-Africans are non-refundable and include:
- Ph.D. Ksh 4,000
- Master Ksh 2,000
- Bachelors Ksh 2,000
- Diploma Ksh 1,000
- Certificate Ksh 500
For non-East Africans, the application fees are as follows:
- PhD USD 100
- Master USD 50
- Bachelors USD 50
- Diploma USD 25
- Certificate USD 15
Once you meet the minimum requirements, proceed to register.
The registration process will some minutes of your time. If you have all the required documents, proceed to the registration page.
- Head over to the E-learning portal and select mode of study (online or Blended)
- You will be redirected to the E-learning portal
- Click log in and proceed to create an account
- Start by filling in your username (input your admission number in lowercase)
- On the password section, create a strong password with a mix of numbers, special characters, and lower and uppercase
- Enter the email address (the email provided by the university)
- Repeat your email for confirmation
- Enter your first name followed by your last name as indicated on your National ID or birth certificate.
- Enter the city you reside in.
- Select your country from the drop-down menu
- Click on “Create my new account”
You will receive an email from the university to verify your email address. Check on your inbox or spam folder.
Once you’re verified, proceed to log in.
Head over to the E-learning log-in portal
- Enter your username (admission number)
- Enter your password
- Click on login to access your portal
- If you don’t remember the password you created, don’t panic
- Head over to the lost password and click it.
- Search by either using your username or email address.
- Reset your password and a link will be sent to your email address.
- Once you have logged in, you will be redirected to the dashboard.
To access your course materials, click on “my courses” on the dashboard. You can only access the materials if a lecturer registers you in their course.
- If you haven’t registered for a course yet click on “Site Home on the left side of the dashboard”
- Search for your preferred course using the unit name (eg BSc 210) and click on Go
- The course will appear. Click on the unit name to proceed.
- Enter the Enrollment key and click on “Enroll me”. If the course is on free self-enroll, you don’t need the key.
If you have any issues with self-enrollment, kindly contact your lecturer or the management
The uoem learning portal offers more than 100 courses ranging from certificates, Diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, masters, and PhD.
You can view the wide range of courses offered by clicking the “courses” drop-down menu
Contact uoem learning portal
The Uoem learning portal may sometimes have glitches or prove to be troublesome. Almost all the students on the portal learn remotely and you should reach out to the support team when you encounter any glitches.
Here are the contacts to reach out the support team and the campus management