Kenya Forest Service, KFS has released an advert to recruit eligible candidates in the green army. The eligible and interested candidates can join the green army as Nursery attendants. 4000 vacancies are to be filled under this latest Kenya Forest Service (KFS) Job.
This article is dedicated to share information on the KFS Green Army Recruitment. Find out the requirements, how to submit online application and other terms and conditions.
KFS Green Army Recruitment
The ministry of Environment, Climate Change and Forestry through Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is filling 4000 vacancies of Unskilled tree nursery attendants. This is a part of the Green Army initiative.
This will be the first cohort under the Green Army Initiative. The target is to provide job opportunities to 100,000 youth under this program.
Kenya Forest Service Recruitment 2023
|Ministry of Environment, Climate Change and Forestry
|Kenya Forest Service (KFS)
|Nursery Attendants (unskilled)
|Terms of Service
|Temporary Contract Terms
|Monthly Wage (Salary)
|KES 8,631 to KES 16,401
|How to Apply
|Fill Online Application Form
|KFS Recruitment Portal
|22 July 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Green Army Job
- At least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must be a resident of the targeted county, sub county and ward.
Kenya Forest Service Green Army Recruitment – Key Details
Below is the key information that every interested jobseeker in Kenya must know:
- The Kenyan government is hiring 4,000 unskilled tree nursery attendants for the ‘Green Army’ program.
- Green Army tree nursery workers will help the national tree growing and ecosystem restoration program by growing seedlings, planting trees, and providing assistance.
- Climate Change and Forestry Cabinet Secretary CS Tuya emphasized the need for a transparent and fair recruitment process for the Green Army. She further stated priority will be given to qualified local applicants.
- Interested and eligible candidates need to submit the online application form to apply.
- Selected candidates will be offered the monthly wage of KES 8,631 to KES 16,401, depending on the work stations.
- The job duration will be for 1 year only. The job position, however, is renewable but depends on the performance of the candidate and available budget.
Duties of Nursery Attendants
KFS Tree Nurseries’ Nursery Attendant will grow and care for seedlings. They report to the Nursery Headman.
Their duties include:
- Gathering and mixing nursery dirt.
- Potting, sprouting, and “Swaziland” beds with poly tubes and bags with mixed nursery soil.
- Seeding and dividing.
- Planting wild lings.
- Watering, weeding, pruning roots, fertilizing, manure, insecticides, and strengthening seedlings.
- Cleaning and maintaining the nursery’s grounds, tools and building.
- Plant trees and combat fires.
Every hired nursery attendant must perform the above-given duties.
Don’t Miss -> Latest Jobs in Kenya
Green Army Job Online Application Form 2023
All applications for the posts of Nursery attendants under the Green army programme shall be filled on the Kenya Forest Service, KFS recruitment portal. Kindly follow these steps to apply:
- Go to Kenya Forest Service, KFS Careers Page
- On the home page, you will find a list of advertised jobs.
- Look for the job title “Nursery Attendants (Unskilled Green Army) – Temporary Contract Terms”
- Click on “Apply”
- You are now redirected to the E-onlinerecruitment page
- First time users need to create account on KFS E-Recruitment portal
- After that login using the username and password and login
- After that, submit the online application
|KFS Recruitment Portal
|Job Advert PDF
|Online Application Form
We hope that you are able to fill in the kenya forest service recruitment 2023 application form using the steps given. Feel free to share your thoughts and questions in the comments section below.