The National government’s affirmative action fund, NGAAF, has released a recruitment advert for various posts. This article is all about the newest ngaaf vacancy and the application process. My focus will be on the job openings, eligibility and how to apply. Let’s get started.
The National Government Affirmative Action Fund was established under the Public Finance Management Act (No. 18 of 2012) and is governed by the Public Finance Management Act (National Government Affirmative Action Fund) Regulations, 2016. The National Government Affirmative Action Fund Board intends to recruit for the positions below for three years’ contract terms of service renewable depending on satisfactory performance.
|Reference Number||Job Post||Scale||Vacancy|
|NGAAF/01/02/2023||CORPORATION SECRETARY||NGAAF 2||ONE POST|
|NGAAF/02/02/2023||INTERNAL AUDIT AND RISK ASSURANCE||NGAAF 2||ONE POST|
|NGAAF/03/02/2023||DEPUTY DIRECTOR – PLANNING||NGAAF 3||ONE POST|
|NGAAF/04/02/2023||DEPUTY DIRECTOR – RESOURCE MOBILIZATION||NGAAF 3||ONE POST|
|NGAAF/05/02/2023||PRINCIPAL FINANCE OFFICER||NGAAF 4||ONE POST|
|NGAAF/06/02/2023||PRINCIPAL COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER||NGAAF 4||ONE POST|
|NGAAF/07/02/2023||PRINCIPAL ICT OFFICER||NGAAF 4||ONE POST|
|NGAAF/08/02/2023||COUNTY COORDINATOR||NGAAF 6||47 Posts|
|NGAAF/09/02/2023||DRIVERS||NGAAF 9||8 POSTS|
As you can see, there are job openings for various posts in NGAAF. However, in this article, I am focusing on the job posts with the most vacancies. So, in the sections below, I cover information regarding County Coordinator & Drivers posts. Details for the rest positions can be obtained from the official advert, which can be downloaded using the given link.
|ORPP Kenya Recruitment||NLC Jobs|
|ACA Anti Counterfeit Authority Jobs||Nakuru County Jobs|
|KFS Recruitment||NIS Career Portal|
NGAAF County Coordinator Recruitment
The county coordinator job post has the highest number of vacancies. The county coordinator reports to Chief Executive Officer.
These are the roles of the NGAAF county coordinator:
- Promoting projects that add value to the products and services of affirmative action groups;
- Make sure that projects recommended for funding align with national development priorities and the purpose and object of the Fund;
- Putting in place policies, programmes, standards, and guidelines for the Fund’s programmes;
- Using public education and advocacy to teach civics and make the community more aware;
- Receiving, reviewing, and recommending project proposals to the board for approval;
- Developing and implementing proposals for establishing rescue centres, legal aid centres, and drug and substance abuse rehabilitation and counselling centres in collaboration with the relevant government agencies.
- Giving out bursaries and scholarships so that members of affirmative action groups can go to school;
- Building the skills of affirmative action groups;
- Creating and implementing project designs, work plans, and budgets for programmes;
- Promoting sociocultural development and nurturing talent in affirmative action groups;
- Working with stakeholders to find projects.
- Coordination of public education and advocacy on improving access to services for survivors of gender-based violence, female genital mutilation, child marriages, or forced marriages;
- Educating the public and the community about the National Government’s programmes and policies on affirmative action;
- Coordinating the creation and implementation of projects for affirmative action groups;
If you are planning to apply for the County Coordinator post, make sure you fulfil the following qualification requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Project Planning and Management, Education, Development Studies, Community Development, Entrepreneurship, Gender Studies, Business
- Management/Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application skills; and
- Met the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
National government affirmative action fund Driver Vacancy
The driver will report to County Coordinator or Senior Driver.
The selected drivers will be responsible for the following:
- Driving the vehicle as authorised;
- Making sure the vehicle, its passengers, and its goods are safe on and off the road;
- Keeping a daily work ticket;
- Finding and reporting vehicle problems on time. Making sure the vehicle is clean.
- Reporting accidents on time and following up on the police report;
- Inspecting vehicles and keeping insurance documents up to date.
- Making sure the vehicle gets regular service and maintenance. Routinely check the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical, brake systems, and tyre pressure.
If you are interested in applying for the driver’s post, make sure you fulfil the following requirements:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D Plain or its equivalent;
- Valid Class BCE Driving License free from any endorsement;
- Occupational Trade Test Grade II for drivers;
- Passed Suitability Test for Drivers;
- First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognised Institution;
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
NGAAF Jobs Application Form 2023 – How to Apply
The application process is offline. There is no online application form filling. Before you apply, keep these ready:
- A Detailed and professional CV
- Cover letter
- Educational and experience certificates
Interested applicants must attach a CV with the names of three professional referees, a daytime contact number, and a cover letter indicating the position they are interested in. Also, attach relevant educational and experience certificates along with testimonials. Send this to:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Government Affirmative Action Fund
P.O. BOX 48272-00100
Send via mail to: [email protected]
Or hand delivered to:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Government Affirmative Action Fund ABSA Building, 16th floorP.O BOX 48272-00100
Last Date to Apply
Kindly note that the last date for the applications to reach is on or before 24th March 2023 at 5:00 pm.
Which are the NGAAF job posts with the highest number of vacancies?
47 vacancies for County Coordinators and 8 vacancies for drivers.
How to Apply?
Applicants need to submit the applications via post or via email or hand deliver.
What is the last date to apply?
The last date to apply is 24th March.