Various county governments in Kenya have released the Bursary Application forms 2023. This article is dedicated to guiding you in applying for a bursary in Kenya.
Day scholar students receive ksh 3000 while borders and college students get ksh 5000.
Note: Some Counties have started online applications for bursaries which is a great Initiative. All counties should integrate an online system as soon as possible.
2023 County Bursary Application
As you know, a bursary is a type of financial assistance provided to students to help pay for their education. Bursaries are typically awarded based on financial need and academic merit and can be used to cover the cost of tuition fees, books, and other expenses related to schooling. They are often provided by the government but can also be offered by private organizations or individuals. The main objective of bursaries is to increase access to education for disadvantaged groups, such as low-income families.
How & Where to Collect Kenya County Bursary Forms
Approach the nearest offices to collect the form. You need to provide these, though:
- New students must provide KCPE results, an official calling letter, stamped fee structure, and a parent-guardian ID.
- Continuing students must provide an End-of-term report form, an Official stamped 2023 fee structure, and a parent/guardian ID.
- Voter verification: The parent or guardian must be a voter in that ward. The list of voters in the
IEBC website can be used to support the verification process
Bursary Applications 2023 : Selection Process
- A secretariat composed of the ward administrator and the MCA representative, with the
supervision of the ad hoc committee chair, will receive the forms. The compilation starts on
day 1 of receiving the documents.
- Every filled form will be verified to ensure it meets the requirement
- The person who submitted will log in a book for accountability
- The compiled list by the secretariat will be handed over to the ward ad hoc committee who
will be overseeing the entire process of application at the ward level
- After the vetting by the ward Ad Hoc committee, the proposed beneficiaries and the report
will be endorsed by the ward Ad Hoc Committee and delivered to the county committee
Verification and approval at the county level
- The county education committee will verify the names and approve them based on the
- Any complaint or clarification will be addressed by the committee and in consultation
with the ward Ad Hoc committee
- The list of beneficiaries will be shared for display in the ward offices.
County Bursary Online Application Forms 2023 – Direct Links
|Elgeyo Marakwet County||https://elgeyomarakwet.go.ke/mdocs-posts/bursary-application-form-2023/?mdocs-cat=null|
|Nakuru County||Download PDF|
|Homa Bay||Download PDF|
|Laikipia County||Get Here|
|Kiambu County||Get Here|
|Lamu County||Get Here|
Note: Updating more links soon