You’ve completed your degree. It’s all cheers. Your parents’ friends and trusted inner circle promise you plenty of jobs and connections as you sip a cold drink at the graduation party. Be prepared; you are about to be hit by 10,000 volts of reality shock.
One week after graduation, you’re thinking of contacting the inner circle who promised you countless jobs, but it’s a bit early, isn’t it? One month is good. When you make that long-awaited call, no answer.
You try another friend. This time it’s picked up, but you’re told to wait. So you wait and wait until the drums of poverty start ringing in your head. What’s next?
Have you ever heard of DAAD Scholarship? Probably not (I understand you were busy chasing jobs), and your answer is a big NO. Don’t fret; I got you. I will take you through all the details you need to know about the DAAD scholarship in Kenya.
First of all, what is DAAD Scholarship Kenya? Let’s get started on it.
DAAD Scholarship Kenya
The Deutsch Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD ) Scholarship is a unique program for African students with a bachelor’s degree or who dream of studying in Germany.
In simply terms, You’re qualified if you are a national or refugee in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, or Burindi. Don’t forget the degree; it’s the first pass.
The program aims to train young African graduates for academic careers. It’s a good time to celebrate after being taken on circumnavigation trips by friends when looking for a job.
Requirements to apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023
To apply, you need to meet specific requirements mainly; the official documents that are needed are:
- A letter of recommendation (this one is a must).
- You need to have a Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- English Language Proficiency, Your English, has to be outstanding.
- Certified copies of your academic progress. A Second class, upper division performance is required.
- Letter of employment or experience
- A Letter of Motivation– There should be 1-3 pages containing a detailed description of the applicant’s academic and personal reasons for choosing a degree program and wishing to participate in the program.
- Recommendation letters by university teachers or lecturers should not be older than one year.
- Letter of admission from the host institution (this can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship begins if not available at the time of application)
- Copy of the applicant’s passport or national identification card.
- For research programs, have a declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor or a commitment letter from the host institution.
- For PhD programs: a detailed and specific PhD proposal having a detailed work plan and timetable.
- For research programs, the abstract of the proposal on one page includes the name and title of the proposal.
Who can apply for a DAAD Scholarship?
The DAAD Scholarship targets mainly graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa. The targets are students with a first academic degree. Only if you are applying for a Master’s program or a Master’s degree
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are encouraged to participate in the program. DAAD scholarship allows Kenyan students to go and study abroad in European countries such as Germany.
It’s a great opportunity to walk you through this process once again. Let’s dive in and take a closer look at how you can apply for the DAAD scholarship from 2023-2024. Are you ready?
DAAD Scholarship 2023/2024 Apply, Online Application Form
To apply for a DAAD Scholarship to study in a foreign country such as Germany, follow the below steps;
- All the interested candidates must apply for the scholarship using the official website www.daad.or.ke.
- Open the website and tap on the application procedure for the complete application process.
- Note that applying directly to the university is not a must.
- Any candidate is supposed to make an application for only one postgraduate program. Select a maximum of three courses.
Take a look at the DAAD Scholarship programs for 2023-24:
What benefits do you get from the DAAD scholarship 2023?
The benefits are :
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowances
- Health insurance for regional scholarship holders
How long does the support from the DAAD scholarship last?
Note that funding is provided according to the program you pursue. For a Master’s degree, funding is provided for the usual course duration of up to two years. For a PhD, funding is for three years of the program.
What is the deadline for the DAAD Scholarship 2023?
The deadline for applications is usually December 15th, 2023. This applies every year.
How can I contact DAAD Scholarship?
If you have any queries, reach out to DAAD using the following official contacts:
Madison Insurance House, 3rd floor, Upper Hill Close, Nairobi, Kenya
P.O. Box 14050, 00800 Nairobi (physical visits weekly on Wednesday between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.).
Phone number: +254 (733) 929 929
Lady luck knocks once, be prepared. You can’t take chances with such a warm scholarship. Share it widely with your friends (even if they never picked up your calls). Better days are coming.
Last Updated on July 8, 2022 by Okello
Join Us on Telegram
Join Us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google News