Through The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF), the Ministry of Education, Kenya is giving the secondary school Elimu Scholarship to needy and vulnerable students from public primary schools who got 280 or more points on the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) test in 2022. For affirmative action, candidates with less than 280 marks who are orphans or have special needs or disabilities may be considered.
Jomo Kenyatta Foundation Scholarship
One may apply for the Elimu Scholarship program through JKF. The fantastic thing Jomo Kenyatta Foundation has done is provide an online application platform. Yes, apart from the traditional offline application method, you can submit the application online.
JKF Elimu Scholarship Requirements
Make sure you have the scanned copy of the following documents ready:
- A passport-size picture
- KCSE result slip (official KNEC slip or signed and stamped paper from school)
- Copy of pay slip/ Bank statement(if parent(s)/guardian(s) is employed)
- A signed declaration by the applicant and parent/guardian
- Copy of birth certificate or a registration number in case of refugees
- Recommendation letter by Head Teacher, Chief/Assistant Chief, Religious Leader or any other leader
The following documents may also be required
- Copy of death certificate (if mother/father is/are deceased)
- Evidence of Financial support (if you have received any support in the past)
- Evidence of special needs (if you have indicated you are a special need learner)
The applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates with special needs and disabilities (Physical, Hearing and Visual Impairments, Autism, Albinism, Learning Disabilities and Others)
- Orphans and vulnerable children;
- Candidates from informal settlements in 15 urban centres;
- Candidates whose parents or guardians have disabilities have made it harder for them to pay for their children’s needs.
- Candidates whose families are impacted by HIV/AIDS and other severe chronic illnesses could leave parents and guardians penniless and unable to provide for their families.
- Candidates whose families are so poor that they can’t afford to send their kids to school can’t run for office.
- Candidates who have been neglected or abused don’t get help to keep going to school.
Register on JKF Scholarship Portal
To submit an online application, one-time user registration is mandatory. Kindly follow these steps to register:
- Go to http://scholarship.jkf.co.ke/register.php
- Enter your Index Number
- Set the Password and click on “Submit.”
- Verify your account, and you are good to go.
Jomo Kenyatta Foundation Online Scholarship Application Form 2023
Follow these steps to apply –
- Go to http://scholarship.jkf.co.ke/
- Enter your Index Number
- Fill in your password
- Login into your Account
- After successful login, fill in the JKF Scholarship 2023 Application Form
- Make sure you provide correct details only
- Upload the relevant documents
- Submit the Application
JKF Scholarship Offline Application
Do Understand that offline application mode is also open. If you want to fill in the application submitted at the nearest centre manually, you can do so.
However, I highly recommend using the online application method as it is easy and convenient. You may download the PDF application form using the link given.
Do understand that if you apply offline, you must submit the duly filled application form at the sub-county office.
Make sure you apply before the deadline, i.e. 23rd January 2023.
How to Apply for Jomo Kenyatta Foundation Scholarship?
Interested and eligible applicants have the option to either apply online or submit their application via offline mode.
What is the last date to apply?
Make sure your applications are submitted on or before 23rd January 2023.
|Official Website||Visit Now|
|Download PDF Application Form||Download Now|
|Scholarship Advert||Read Now|
Last Updated on January 18, 2023 by Okello
Join Us on Telegram
Join Us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google News