Star times subscribers can now pay their monthly package bills in a hassle-free manner. Simply use their pay bill number and pay via mpesa. Go through the complete article to understand the step-by-step payment process. Explore other payment methods and a bonus tip to change your existing startimes package.
StarTimes is a television service owned by a Chinese media company. It has a strong presence in Africa, specifically in Sub-Saharan Africa. It offers satellite and digital terrestrial television services to viewers.
Startimes was founded by Pang Xinxing, a Chinese engineer, in 1988. Up to now, he remains the chairman of the company. In 2002, StarTimes expanded its business throughout Africa. From there, the network has been setting the pace and competing with established brands.
So far, Startimes has its operations running in 30 countries with over 13 million subscribers using DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) and 20 million users using OTT (Over-the-top media service).
The greatest competitors of Startimes are:
- DSTV (Digital Satellite Television), which is owned by Multichoice, a company based in South Africa,
- ZUKU – it’s owned by Wananchi Group, a company based in East Africa
- GOTV – it’s also owned by multi-choice, a company based in South Africa
Visit their website for more information about their products, services, and technical issues.
Star Times Paybill Number – Online Bill Payment
If you need an uninterrupted schedule, pay your monthly subscriptions on time through an M-Pesa pay bill number which is 585858. Safaricom has made it easier for Startimes customers to make payments in the comfort of their homes without physically visiting their offices.
How To Pay Star times Monthly Package Bill Via Mpesa
Before you begin your payments, it’s necessary to have:
- Star times pay bill number
- StarTimes smart card
- Money on your M-Pesa line
If you have this ready with you, let’s get started
- On your phone, open the Mpesa app
- Select lipa na Mpesa
- Select Paybill option
- On the pay bill option, enter business number 585858
- Please enter your account number (it’s the number at the back of your start time smart card).
- Enter your monthly subscription amount
- Enter your Secret Mpesa PIN number
- Click Okay
A payment confirmation SMS will be sent to your phone from Mpesa and StarTimes.
The following are the star times monthly package
- Nyota bouquet – Ksh.299 per month
- Basic bouquet – Ksh.599 per month
- Classic bouquet – Ksh.899 per month
- Unique bouquet – Ksh 1499 per month
Other Methods to Pay your Star-Times Bill
Telkom Subscribers – Telkom Money
1. Select “Payments”.
2. Enter Star-Times Business Number (585858).
3. Enter Account Number (Smartcard No.).
4. Input your monthly subscription amount.
5. Enter your Pin and click send
1. At the ATM machine, insert your ATM card and enter your secret pin
2. Select Bill Payment.
3. Select StarTimes.
4. Enter your Smartcard number and press select correct.
5. Enter your monthly subscription amount
Bonus Tip – Changing Startimes monthly package
- Dial *858# on either Safaricom or Airtel line
- Select 5 to change your package
- Press 1 or 2 to choose the decoder type (1 for Digital Decoder and 2 for Dish Decoder).
- Choose the bouquet according to the monthly subscription of your choice.
- Enter your Smart Card Number (the first 11 digits on the backside of your card).
For those using other methods, don’t worry. You’re not left behind.
If you are having any problems, don’t hesitate to get in touch with them through the following contacts.
- Tel: 0719077077
- Email: info.ke＠startimes.com.cn
What is the most convenient way of StarTimes package payment?
The most convenient way, without any doubt, is paying using mpesa.
What detail is required to pay your startimes bill using mpesa?
Most important is the paybill number. You need to use the star times paybill number in mpesa to clear pending payments.
What are some other methods of payment?
Payments on the Telekom platform and equity ATMs can be done.
This post was last modified on June 30, 2022 5:06 pm