Do you need to get a PSV Badge? Now you can apply online for Driver/Conductor PSV Badge on the official portal. This article answers all your questions regarding obtaining a new Public service vehicle badge in Kenya.
PSV means public service Vehicle. PSV Badge is mandatory for drivers of commercial vehicles. The PSV Badge contains the details of the authority that has given the permission to drive a public service vehicle and an identification number.
Who needs PSV Badge in Kenya?
Matatu, taxi and uber drivers, Truck drivers and institutional drivers must possess a PSV Badge.
To apply for the public service vehicle badge, make sure you have a:
- A Valid Driving License
- Registered by NTSA
Creating an Account on NTSA PSV Portal
- Go to this page – https://portal.ntsa.go.ke/rsl/cpanel/drico_det.php
- Enter your name and ID Number
- Then, click on the “Search” Button
- Once your details are found, you will be able to proceed with the Account creation process
Do Check – More NTSA Updates
How to Apply for PSV Badge Online
Now you can fill in the online application to apply for a Public service vehicle badge. Simply follow these steps to apply now:
- Head to the NTSA Portal
- Click on the option that says “PSV Badge Application”
- This opens up the PSV Driver/Conductor Licensing page
- In order to submit the online application, you need to login. If you don’t have an account, you need to create a new account (as mentioned above)
- Enter your Email or Mobile Number & then your ID number to complete the login process
- After successful login, fill in the Online PSV Badge application
The following details/information is required while applying online.
Applicant Details: Name, Identity Number, Designation (Driver/Conductor), Driving License number, P.S. Number
Employer/Company Details: Employer/Company Name, Address, P.I.N Number
|Create Account||Account Creation|
|Online Application||Apply Now|
What is the application fee for PSV Badge?
Applicants need to pay Ksh 625 while submitting the online application.
When will I get my PSV badge?
After you submit the application, you shall receive the Public service Vehicle badge within a week.
Can I download the PSV badge online?
You can check the details once you login into the NTSA psv portal.
How to contact the NTSA helpline?
Dial these numbers: Safaricom 0709 932 000 Telkom Call Center Contacts 020 6632 000. You can also ask your queries at email@example.com.
Last Updated on November 5, 2022 by Chido Kache
Yes very helpful information indeed. Asante sana.