IEBC verification process for voters helps them to ensure the data in the system is correct. If you are a registered voter with IEBC, you must verify your details online. This takes online few minutes and tells you , if you information on the IEBC portal is right or not.
The changing trends in technology have simplified how we communicate and interact. The IEBC (Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission), the regulatory agency that is mandated to conduct peaceful elections in Kenya, has not been left behind. You can now check and confirm your registration details on their website.
IEBC Voter Verification
It’s very discouraging to wake up early to vote for change during an election, only to be surprised that your name is not on the EVID (Electronic Voter Identification) System that verifies and confirms voters during a voting exercise.
This is the reason why IEBC has decided to introduce the voter confirmation process online. Furthermore, the commission was formed by an act of parliament to perform the following functions:
- Dividing the constituencies and wards
- Regulating the process of political parties
- Registering voters and revising the voter’s register
- Settling electoral disputes.
- Registering qualified candidates for elections.
- Voter education and sensitization
- Observing, monitoring, and evaluating elections.
- Regulating the amount of money to be spent during an election by either a candidate or a political party.
- Developing an ethical code of conduct for parties and candidates
- Monitoring whether the nomination of candidates by political parties is compliant is compliant
This article explains the simple way of confirming and verifying voter registration details online at the IEBC website.
IEBC Voter Verification 2022 Online @ verify iebc or ke
To verify voter registration details, you’ll need the following:
- A computer (a smartphone can still verify)
- stable internet connection.
- Your National Identity card number (ID) or Passport number
Let’s get started if you’re ready
- Open your browser and visit the IEBC voter verification portal verify.iebc.or.ke
- Enter your ID or Passport number
- Enter your year of birth (year of birth only, e.g. 1985).
- Confirm that you’re not a robot and press “check now.”
- Your details will be displayed, which include:
- Your First Name
- County Name
- Constituency Name
- Ward Name
- Polling Centre Name
- After your registration details have been verified and confirmed, it’s up to you to exercise your right and vote.
- If you are not registered, you will also get a notification that your details are not found. Visit the nearest IEBC office if you get this message.
If you are not a registered voter, follow the following process:
- Visit the nearest IEBC Registration Centre with your original ID or passport.
- An IEBC official will capture your details, and you’re supposed to confirm whether they are correct.
- Your fingerprints will be taken
- A passport photo will be taken
- You will be required to sign the IEBC reference book
- You will be given a registration slip before leaving the registration Centre.
Now that you have confirmed and verified your registration details, don’t forget the fundamental rule, Kenya is a peaceful country. While voting is your right, make sure you exercise it peacefully.
Last Updated on June 30, 2022 by Okello
Join Us on Telegram
Join Us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google News