The Kenya Youth Employment Project (KYEOP) is a project aimed at transforming, uplifting, and empowering the youth in Kenya by providing them with training, business grants, and internships.
To be eligible for KYEOP opportunities, you should have the following
- Should be (18-29) years old.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen with a National Identity card (ID)
- Must be currently unemployed
- Should not be enrolled in any schooling or planning for the next eight months.
- Your education level should be from form four and below
Furthermore, the following partners play a crucial role in making sure the project is a success:
- The Ministry of ICT
- The national industrial training authority (NITA)
- Micro and small enterprise authority (MSEA)
- The ministry of labor and social protection
The project is usually divided into four components, each with the sole aim of reaching the youth directly or indirectly. They are:
- Improving youth employability Through the life skills, core business skills, apprenticeship, and FTP (Formal Training Provider) training, this component provides the youth with marketable skills essential in the working sector, especially in the private sector.
- Support for job creation through business grants, business development services, and business plan competition.
- Improving labour market information through the labour market website
- Strengthening youth policy development through the capacity building from the ICT ministry
KYEOP Application Status
During the selection of candidates, a computerized random process is used to choose the youth who applied. SMS notification will be sent to the mobile number you provided during the application stage to inform you of the status of your KYEOP application.
How to Know Status of your KYEOP Cycle 8 Application
The KYEOP cycle eight application was closed on Friday, June 10, 2022. The next application cycle hasn’t been announced yet, but for the youth who applied in cycle 8, a text message will be sent to you notifying you whether you have been selected for training or the business grants.
Special Note: Some websites are circulating fake status checking processes. There are no official words regarding the process of checking status via SMS or any other method. Only the department will send you an SMS, intimating the status (If selected)If you are successfully selected for the training project, make sure you attend 80% of your classes. It’s one of the sets of rules that must be followed.
Subscribe to our alerts to receive notifications on the next cycle so that you can apply on time. If you have KYEOP-related questions, ask them in the comment section. If you’re also a beneficiary of the KYEOP project, share your experience.