In Kenya, the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) uses an online platform called the Public Procurement Information Portal to post contract awards and tender notices. The Procuring Entities use this platform.
This article is all about the ppip portal. See how to view the Kenya government tenders information online.
PPIP Open Tenders 2023
If you are interested in viewing the latest open tenders and getting all the related information, kindly follow the steps:
- Go to this page https://tenders.go.ke/OpenTenders
- All the latest kenya government open tenders will be available on the page
- You have the critical information like Category, Methods, Notifications etc.
- Click on the “Notification” link to get complete details.
- Click the “View” link to get complete tender details.
Here is what the information page looks like:
Viewing Procuring Entities on Kenya Govt Tenders Portal
If interested, you can check the procuring entities on the tenders portal. You can see all the entities and click on them to view the tender and related information.
Here is the step-by-step information to do that:
- Go to https://tenders.go.ke/Home
- Now, click on the “Procuring Entities” link
- The page looks like this:
- Now, click on the “View More” link corresponding to the entity name you are interested in.
- The following page contains detailed information like PE Details, Tenders, Contracts, Prequalified Suppliers etc.
PE Procuring Entity Registration
Only public entities can register on the portal. If anyone other than those trying to write, their requests will be automatically declined, so there is no point in doing that.
To start the registration process, an interested party must sign up. Here is the step-by-step process:
- Go to the Pre-Registration Page
- Enter asked details and register.
- Verify your contact information.
- Go to https://tenders.go.ke/login
- Enter your username and password
- Click on the “Login” button.
|Address||P.O Box 58535-00200, Nairobi, Kenya|
Public Procurement Information Portal FAQs
What is the role of PPIP portal?
This portal is dedicated to sharing information related to public procurement.
What are procuring entities?
The term “procurement entity” refers to any Government Department, State Government Undertaking, Local Authority or Board, Body or Corporation set up by or under any law and owned or controlled by the Government, as well as any other body or authority owned or controlled by the Government and as may be specified by it.
Which procuring entities (PE’s) can register on this portal?
Only public (government) entities can sign up.