If you are from Tamilnadu and want to pay TN Property Tax or (municipality house tax) online, this article is for you. Along with the step-by-step online payment method, you will know how to download the payment receipt once you pay property tax to your municipal corporation in Tamilnadu. Thanks to tnurbanseva service, the process is made very easy for everyone.
Here are the municipal corporation in Tamilnadu that accept online property tax payments:
|Avadi City Municipal Corporation||Chennai Corporation|
|Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation||Dindigul City Municipal Corporation|
|Hosur City Municipal Corporation||Nagercoil Corporation|
|Salem Municipal Corporation||Thanjavur Corporation|
|Tiruchirappalli Municipal Corporation||Erode Municipal Corporation|
|Madurai Municipal Corporation||Thoothukudi Municipal Corporation|
|Tirunelveli Municipal Corporation||Tirupur Municipal Corporation|
|Vellore Municipal Corporation|
Information given in this article holds good for all of these MCs. Kindly go through the whole article to understand TN municipality house tax payment and receipt retrieval through the tnurbanseva online service.
In India, property tax is levied on all land and buildings, irrespective of their use or location. It is usually computed and paid at the state level, with municipal corporations and panchayats being in charge of this operation. Likewise, it is collected and handled by the respective municipal councils in Tamil Nadu.
The tax rate is typically determined by the property’s size, age, and use. The following is a complete overview of property tax Tamil Nadu, as well as a complete Tamil Nadu property tax online payment method using the tnurbanseva Portal at https tnurbaneseva tn gov in.
What are the due dates for Tamil Nadu property tax online payment?
Property taxes are due on the last day of March and September of each year for residents in Tamil Nadu. If an owner of the property misses paying the tax by the due date, a fine will be charged for each month that the tax is not paid.
Concessions and Exemptions
Foreign missions may be excluded from paying property tax in Tamil Nadu on government facilities and structures within the state.
Apart from that, residents of Tamil Nadu ought to be aware of the following concessions:
- Semi-permanent buildings, such as thatched shelters without roofs, are able to get a reimbursement of 200 percent on monthly RLV.
- Owner-occupied residential structures are entitled to a 25% RLV rebate every month. The rebate for commercial buildings occupied by owners, on the other hand, is 10%.
- Properties that are more than four years old are eligible for a depreciation deduction of ten percent each year. The maximum rebate, for example, cannot exceed 250 percent.
Inhabitants of Tamil Nadu who intend to pay their property tax Tamil Nadu should review the sections below for further information on Tamil Nadu property tax online payment process.
Property Tax Tamilnadu
|What’s Covered||How to Pay property tax online in Tamilnadu & Download Confirmation receipt?|
|Beneficiaries||People who want to pay municipality house tax online to municipal corporations from the comfort of their home|
How to Pay Municipality house tax online payment in Tamil Nadu
Individuals in Tamil Nadu may simply pay their property tax online. Even though the processes for paying the Tamil Nadu municipality home tax online vary per city, the core approach is quite consistent. Individuals who own property within the Greater Chennai Municipal Corporation’s jurisdiction, for example, can pay their property tax online Tamil Nadu online in the following manner on the tnurbanseva Portal:
- First users will need to head on to the official portal of the tnurbanseva Portal at https tnurbaneseva tn gov in.
- Next, select the option “Quick payment”. This can be found under the “Quick Links” section. Users will now be redirected to a new page to choose the type of tax that they would like to pay.
- Choose the option “Property Tax” under the Make Payment tab. Now, users should find a field to enter their assessment number to make the payment. The assessment number can be easily found from the previous property tax Tamil Nadu payment receipts.
- Enter your assessment number in the given field and hit the option “Search”. Now users should find a number of important details like the last payment details, Assessee details and much more
- Scroll down to find the DCB details that mention all details about the payment of tax that needs to be made.
- Enter the amount you want to pay and hit “Submit”. On the next page users will be asked to confirm the payment with the help of a captcha verification. Agree to the terms and conditions and hit the option “Confirm” to proceed.
- Users will now be redirected to the payment page. Choose your preferred mode of payment to make the municipality house tax online payment.
- Enter the details and click on “Make Payment”. Users should now be redirected to the payment confirmation page. You are done with the Tamil Nadu property tax online payment.
TN Property Tax Payment Receipt Download
After you successfully complete the payment process, you are redirected to another page where the confirmation is displayed. This serves as the receipt of your Tamilnadu property tax payment. The receipt contains complete details like Municipal corporation name, Amount you paid, Transaction date, reference number, etc.
If in any case, you are asked to provide payment information by respective authorities, you can use this receipt. So, it is highly recommended that you download this receipt for future purposes.
TN Online Property Tax Payment FAQs
How can I pay my property tax in Tamil Nadu online?
Residents of Tamil Nadu now can conveniently pay their property tax online Tamil Nadu using the official tnurbanseva Portal. Paying your house tax online is a straightforward, quick, and painless process. Payments for house taxes can be done online using accepted bank debit or credit cards. Netbanking is a potential alternative as well.
Where can I check the status of my property tax payment in Tamil Nadu?
The property tax status for Tamil Nadu may be found in the official tnurbanseva portal at https tnurbaneseva tn gov in. To review the whole payment history against a certain assessment number, one must first enter the appropriate property information.
How can I get a copy of the receipt for my home tax payment in Tamil Nadu?
When paying the property tax in Tamil Nadu online through the official website, property owners will receive an acknowledgment receipt. This receipt will be available for download. This can be saved or printed for future reference.
Which municipal corporation’s house tax is acceptable on tnurbanseva portal?
Avadi City Municipal Corporation, Chennai Corporation, Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation, Dindigul City Municipal Corporation, Hosur City Municipal Corporation, Nagercoil Corporation, Salem Municipal Corporation, Thanjavur Corporation, Tiruchirappalli Municipal Corporation, Erode Municipal Corporation, Madurai Municipal Corporation, Thoothukudi Municipal Corporation, Tirunelveli Municipal Corporation, Tirupur Municipal Corporation, Vellore Municipal Corporation