With the advancement in technology, the Kenya Universities Colleges Central Placement Service has come up with an innovation to make access to their services more accessible and convenient. KUCCPS has created a mobile application that students can now use to complete their applications, revise choices of courses, check their placement status, download KUCCPS admission letters, and interinstitutional transfers, among other services provided by the corporation.
The KUCCPS Mobile Application is now available on Google Play Store for those using Android smartphones. Let’s get started on downloading the application and using it on your mobile phone.
How to Download the KUCCPS Mobile App
To get the application, use the following procedure;
- First, go to the google play store and search for the KUCCPS app; many options will appear. Your search will bring results as shown in the image below;
- Make sure you select the application named ‘KUCCPS STUDENTS’ with the developer as KUCCPS DEV TEAM. In the above screenshot, it is the first application. That is the official mobile application for KUCCPS.
- Again, make sure that the app has the official KUCCPS logo.
- You can now click on the app. A tab directing you to install the application will show on your screen. Click on it to start downloading. The page on your screen should appear as shown below;
- Once the application has been downloaded, you must install it on your Android smartphone.
- After successful installation of the app, click on open on your mobile phone to access the app and start using it.
Note: If you are not an android user, you can use the KUCCPS Website
Avoid Downloading KUCCPS App apk File
If you are presented with an apk link by someone to download the app, you must avoid it. There is no point is downloading the app via apk file because it is already available on play store. Also, there are chances that the apk file is manipulated and your personal information could be at risk.
How to Log in to KUCCPS Mobile App and Use it
After successfully downloading the KUCCPS app, installing, and opening it using the above-listed steps, you now have to log in and use the application.
To log in to the application, use the following steps;
- First, open the KUCCPS app on your mobile phone.
- Upon opening the app, the following details will appear on your screen;
- Enter your KCSE Index number and the year you did your KSCE exam in the spaces provided. Lastly, enter your KCPE Index number or your Birth Certificate number as your default password. You have to ensure that all the details you enter are correct; otherwise, you won’t be able to log in to the application.
- After filling your details into the boxes, click on login to proceed to the app menu. The menu appears as below;
Now let’s look at the procedure for using the KUCCPS app.
Services Available on KUCCPS Application for Android Phones
A student can access all the services provided by KUCCPS through the app. Some of these services include;
- Application of courses
- Transfer of courses
- Inter-university transfer
- Checking the placement report
- Checking accredited institutions
- Checking programs sponsored by the government comprises degree, diploma, certificate, and artisan programmes.
All these programs appear on the left-hand side of the screen when you click on the menu. Below is a brief explanation of how to go about each service using the app.
Application of courses- Application is either at school, first, or second. To make your application, click on the menu, scroll down and select the ‘Application’ option. From there, you can proceed with your application.
Transfer of courses- Go to the page and click on the ‘Transfer’ tab to make a transfer for a course. Follow the procedure keenly and complete your course transfer.
Checking placement report: To check the placement status, go to the main menu, then click on “Dashboard.” The dashboard page has the following details;
- You will then click on ‘Placement’ to check the placement report.
- You can also check your cluster weights and grades from the dashboard.
Checking accredited institutions: To check institutions that are cleared to offer different programmes, click on institutions on the main menu.
Inter-university transfer- This program enables students to move from one university to another. It is only available after the placement process is done. It is also done through the Transfer menu.
Checking available programs– To check all available programs offered, go to the main menu and click on ‘Programs.’
|KUCCPS Student Portal||Explore Now|
|KUCCPS Registration process for New Students||Read Now|
|Latest KUCCPS News||Read Now|
What’s the most convenient way to access KUCCPS student portal?
Using the android app is most convenient for sure. However, the official website is also very fast and responsive. So, if you are not an android user, you will get a good experience on the website also.
Why there are more than one KUCCPS apps on google play store?
Some independent developers have developed app related to KUCCPS too. So, you might see more than one app in the play store.
How to identify the genuine KUCCPS android app?
When going to playstore and looking for the app, make sure the developer name is “KUCCPS Dev Team”. Don’t trust any other applications.
Now, the ball is in your court. You have everything. Make an effort to apply for courses, or better yet, if you are in school, work hard to surpass the cluster points and make it to the university or college. I wish you nothing but the best.