TUM Online clearance facility is a handy service to university students. This article explains the process of online clearance at the Technical University of Mombasa.
The Technical University of Mombasa (TUM) has an online portal that allows students to clear with the university online. This online clearance is meant to reduce paperwork and long student queues.
Clearing from any university is usually a lonely walk in the desert. Sometimes it can even take you months just to clear out of university. If you give up easily, you’ll not be able to clear from the university, and do you know what that means? You won’t receive your certificate.
But, I have good news for you. TUM University allows you to execute the whole clearance operation online without visiting any administrators or lecturers. Isn’t that amazing? You’ll be shocked to find out that some of the established universities clear their students in a manual and tedious way.
This article will illustrate how to sign up, log in, and clear from TUM University online. Welcome aboard
TUM Online Student Clearance
The TUM student clearance system works in an efficient way from both sides. Let’s say it’s a win-win situation for both students and the administration. The system is fully developed by the school administration and incorporates the latest technology.
As a student at TUM, ensure the email address assigned by the school is still available because you’ll use it to create an account in the student clearance system. Your telephone number registered in the student portal will be used to send an OTP (one-time password) to access your account.
How to Sign Up on the TUM Online Student Clearance Portal
The student clearance account allows you to clear with TUM university online. It’s a simple process, but first, you should be ready with the following items:
- A desktop or a laptop
- Your mobile phone (with the phone number registered in the university system).
- Student email address (provided by the university)
- Stable internet
If you have the items, follow the procedure below to create your account.
- Launch your browser.
- Open the TUM website.
- Locate the fourth tab, which is portals. Head to the student portal, and finally to online clearance.
- After opening the online student clearance system portal, click on “Create Account.” If you already have an account, just proceed to log in.
- Enter your email address (the one provided by TUM), type the CAPTCHA code, and continue.
- A verification code from TUM will be sent to your email. If you don’t find it in the inbox, check your spam folder.
- Enter the exact code and click on “Verify Email.”
- The next form will require you to complete your profile.
- Confirm the following details as displayed in the portal automatically to ascertain whether they are correct.
- Your student number.
- Your full name
- Your admitted campus
- Your school or faculty
- Your course level
- The programme you’re undertaking
- Your mobile number
- If you ascertain the details are correct, click on “Send OTP.”
- You’ll receive an OTP on the displayed mobile number.
- Enter the OTP.
- Create a password and confirm it.
- Click on “Create an account.”
- After the page loads, you will be redirected to the student clearance log-in page.
- Enter the email used and the password you just created to log in.
It’s as easy as that. The next process is to clear with the university. Let’s continue
Apply for TUM Online Clearance
After you have successfully created your account,
- Log in here
- Enter your student email and password.
- Once you’re in, the account will have four tabs at the top: Home, Online Clearance, caution money refund, need help, and links.
- Click on “Online clearance.”
- Your details will appear automatically.
- Confirm your information and click on “Submit a request.”
How to Track TUM Student Clearance Approval Status
Once you fill in all and submit the form, Another page will open, where you’ll be able to monitor your approval progress. The approval steps are from the following departments.
- COD/HOD (Head of Department)
- Dean of Students
- Registrar’s office
- ICT office
- Keep checking, and once your clearance is approved, you will see it on the portal. The names of the lecturers who have cleared you, together with time stamps, will also be displayed.
- View the approved clearance form (download and print or store for future reference).
- Additionally, you can apply for caution money.
- Verify your mobile number on the “caution money refund.”
- Once the OTP is sent to your phone number, enter it at the portal and click on “Submit Request.”
- You’ll be notified of your progress on the portal.
If you have any queries or experience problems and delays while applying for the clearance, please don’t hesitate to contact the university through the following numbers:
Tel: (+254) 020-8095365/68
Tel: (+254) 733-955377
|Official Website||Visit Now|
|Student Clearance Portal Login||Visit Now|
|New Account Create||Login Now|
|More TUM Updates||Check Now|
Last Updated on July 24, 2022 by Okello
Join Us on Telegram
Join Us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google News