How do I check my NHIF status online? Perhaps this question has been lingering on your mind for a long time. Great news! NHIF has made it easier to check the status of your card online, free of charge.
In addition, the agency has also introduced the USSD method, where you can also check your NHIF status offline. But what does it mean by NHIF “status”? Well, this is the overall status of your card, whether it’s active, has accumulated any penalties, and also whether it has dependents included.
For now, NHIF might seem like a luxury, but it’s more of a basic need. When you get ill and overburdened with hospital bills, NHIF will come to your rescue by clearing a greater percentage of your hospital bill.
For a detailed step-by-step guide on how to check on how to check your NHIF status both online and offline, follow this article to the end. A bonus of services covered by NHIF in a hospital near you is included at the end. Let’s get started.
How to check your NHIF status online
Do you remember when you first registered for the NHIF service? Do you have the phone number used during registration? If yes, then follow the procedure below to check your status. But first, the following tools are highly recommended for a smooth process.
- A computer or a laptop
- Stable internet
- Mobile phone (to receive OTP codes)
Now that you have the necessary tools let’s roll.
Checking NHIF Status Online for Free
- Launch your browser (Chrome or Firefox).
- Open the NHIF self-care portal.
- Enter your ID number (and click continue).
- Enter the OTP received on your line (Safaricom or Airtel).
- Click on “Verify.”
- Now your NHIF account details will be displayed.
- The first thing to be displayed will be your NHIF data summary.
- Your data summary includes your personal details.
- Click on “status” on the left side of the NHIF dashboard.
- The status will display the following:
- Penalties accrued
- Last contribution
After checking your status, you can make your payments or add your dependents.
Offline Method to NHIF Status for Free
Checking your NHIF status offline is quite simple because it doesn’t require an internet connection or a computer. All you need is a mobile device (not necessarily a smartphone). However, you will have to top up airtime because the process is charged.
Now let’s begin.
- Dial *155#
- Select your preferred language (English or Kiswahili).
- Select “National Health Scheme”
- Next, enter your ID number.
- An OTP will be sent to your default number registered with NHIF.
- Enter the OTP to verify it.
- You will get a “welcome” prompt.
- Choose “My Status”
- Your NHIF membership status will be displayed.
Did you see how simple it was? Now try it and let me know when you bump into any hurdles in the process.
I wrote this article for you. Do you know why? Because you are special and awesome. Share the article with your friends because they’re awesome, just like you.
Now that you know how to check your NHIF status online and offline, it’s time you put this knowledge into practice. Check your NHIF status now. If you don’t have the NHIF card, don’t worry; check out the article I wrote just for you and register.
Last Updated on July 11, 2022 by Okello
Join Us on Telegram
Join Us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google News