As you are aware, NHIF Stands for National Health Insurance Fund. With the motive to provide Health insurance to all Kenyans, NHIF has been operating since 1966. Anybody who has attained 18 years of age and with a monthly income of at least KSh 1000 is eligible to apply for NHIF.
If you are currently an NHIF Subscriber willing to check the balance or even get the complete NHIF Account statement, this article will help.
As a NHIF subscriber, you pay a monthly contribution towards your health insurance. Investing in health insurance is a responsible step, so the subscriber shall have complete information. That’s why checking the Balance becomes essential.
How to Check NHIF Balance Online
Once you join NHIF, you are given an NHIF number. This number is unique to you and can be used for future reference. So, make sure you have the NHIF number handy.
- Go to the messages section on your phone and write an SMS.
- Type in your National ID Number followed by the text “ID”
- Send the SMS to 21101
Note: Make sure you Add the word “ID” along with the number.
For example – ID 30682254
- After you send this message, you will receive an SMS containing the balance and other information.
Download/View NHIF Account Statement
Email email@example.com and include your National ID. Very soon, you will get the NHIF Account statement which can be downloaded.
This NHIF statement contains your past transactions towards your account.
You can also follow these steps:
- Type in Your National ID along with the text “ID” and send it to 21101
- You will get an SMS containing your NHIF Account details and the complete statement.
If you are still facing trouble, write your query at https://www.facebook.com/nhifkenya/ or https://twitter.com/nhifkenya.
Last Updated on April 3, 2023 by Chido Kache