NTSA vehicle inspections can now be booked online. Technology has made our everyday lives simple. NTSA launched TIMS (Transport Integrated Management System) to help their clients apply for various services online.
In Kenya, all PSVs and commercial vehicles are required to undergo annual inspections. Considering that the vehicle serves people, it’s always to keep them in check to ensure they’re running well and the safety standards of passengers and other road users are guaranteed.
ALSO READ –
This article will take you through the NTSA vehicle inspection booking online. Let’s dive in.
NTSA Inspection Booking
Vehicle inspection bookings happen once a year. Before you begin your inspection booking procedure, ensure you have the following.
- An NTSA TIMS account
- The vehicle to be inspected should be on your TIMS account
- Ksh 1050 for payment.
- A computer and a printer (to print invoices and receipts)
- Stable internet
How to Book NTSA Vehicle Inspection Online
If you have all the items, let’s take a look at how you can apply for your vehicle inspection.
- Launch your browser.
- Visit the new NTSA TIMS portal.
- Enter your username (ID number)
- Enter password
- Request for OTP
- Enter the OTP from NTSA and Log in
- Go for the second option, which is the vehicle inspection.
- Click on “Inspections” (the inspection report is accessed when you’re done with the physical inspection exercise)
- Go for “Payment of Booking inspection.”
- Inspection type, select annual
- Click “Next”
- Your vehicles will be displayed along your KRA pin.
- Select the vehicle you wish to book for an inspection
- Click “Next”
- Proceed to payments (Ksh 1,050)
- Pay using mobile money
- Click on “Complete” once the payment is complete
- Proceed to the inspection booking center
- Book the inspection centre of your choice
- Select the dates
- Print your receipt and invoice
Items Inspected By NTSA
After the inspection booking, which is done online, the next step is to take your vehicle for inspection. The vehicle is inspected thoroughly to ensure it meets the required standards. However, these are some of the things checked in a vehicle.
- Body and Interior (as it appears on the logbook)
- Body condition specifications
- Brake and Air Pressure System
- Car specifics
- Catalytic Converter
- Chassis and Frame
- Condition of seats
- Direction Indicators
- Drive Test (usually around 200 meters, checks how the vehicle is running)
- Electric and Lighting System
- Engine and Exhaust
- Fire extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Front and Rear Lamp
- fuel system
- General car parts
- General Electrical System
- Instruments Panel Gauges
- Number Plates condition and illumination
- Parking brake condition
- Reflectors & Chevrons
- Side Mirror
- Smoke Emission
- Spare wheel carrier
- stability of Seat belt mounting
- Steering Mechanism/Power Steering
- Stop Lamps
- Stub Axle Assemblies
- Suspensions/Shook Absorbers
- The brake, clutch, and acceleration
- The Bumper Bars
- The car Doors
- The Service brake balance and efficiency
- The Speed governor’s working condition
- The Speedometer
- The Wings
- Trailer Coupling
- Tyre type, condition, and size
- Vehicle control and stability
- Wheel Bearings, Bushes, and Kingpins
- Windscreen Wipers/Washes
- Your vehicle’s windscreen
NTSA Inspection Centers
The following are the inspection centres where you can take your vehicle to be inspected.
- Eldoret inspection center
- Embu inspection center
- Garissa inspection center
- Kakamega inspection center
- Kericho inspection center
- Kisi inspection center
- Kisumu inspection center
- Kitale inspection center
- Likoni inspection center
- Machakos inspection center
- Meru inspection center
- Mombasa inspection center
- Nairobi Area inspection center
- Nakuru inspection center
- Nyahururu inspection center
- Nyeri inspection center
- Ruaraka inspection center
- Thika inspection center
- Voi inspection center
NTSA Vehicle Inspection contacts
If you encounter any difficulties on the portal or recurring problems, visit the NTSA headquarters or contact them through the following addresses.